FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How can a monitoring system help me?
The power monitoring processes and manufacturing from different points but from a single centralized tool , greatly facilitates the detection of problems, bottlenecks and weaknesses of the system, and helps the improvement of processes in the factories and systems.
Thanks to the monitoring we can:
1. Anticipate problems before they occur.
2. Knowing the causes of the interruption or drift in the processes or systems (detection of the root cause of incidents).
3. Lead decision making without impacting production.
4. Analyze logs and events with the aim of proposing changes to the settings that influence the performance of the systems.
5. Reduce costs. Knowing our real need will give us power of decision at the time of or not to invest more in infrastructure. Thanks to this we will be able to take full advantage of all the resources and take advantage of our infrastructure, reducing costs, both of platform as of human resources.
The system is capable of generating alarms and warnings in the desired way, as well as acting on systems to correct or alleviate problems in an automated way. In addition, the availability of the historic of all these data is a very useful tool in internal and external audits, in the search for the detection and prevention of problems and the continuous improvement of the companies.
How much does it cost to start running the Muutech monitoring system?
Muutech's license based system allows three different types of licences regarding the monitoring service and coverage desired by the customer.
Server setup: The main registration and display server will be installed on a server in the Muutech cloud, being only necessary to install a virtual server in the client that will act as a proxy, or a physical mini-server provided by Muutech. This mini-server includes basic temperature and humidity sensors for the client's CPD. These "proxys" will need to have connectivity to the server in the Muutech cloud, as well as to all the "hosts" that monitor, being able to install several if necessary.
In this service there are several options for managing the maximum time of storage of the data history:
|Price / item / month
|> 10 Years
If you are interested in an on-premise sollution, please contact us.
What elements does the monitoring system consist of?
Muutech monitoring systems consist on the following elements:
Hosts:each of the machines, logical equipment or Endpoints to be monitored. For each host the following functionalities are included:
- Inventory: you can manually or automatically enter, when possible, information of the host such as the name of the machine, its location, serial number, etc.
- Monitoring connectivity: for each host it is determined if it is correctly responding to ICMP Ping requests.
Items: different items to monitor (temperature, disk space, CPU load, etc.) can be defined within each host. For those items their value is collected and stored in the data history for a defined time.
Alarms: for each value of items, combination of these or their data histories, different types of alarms or events can be defined with the corresponding notification or automated action if desired.
What kind of maintenance does Muutech monitoring system include?
Muutech's maintenance services includes::
- Software Updates (up to 1 year with the on-premise option)
- Alarms, screens, etc. configuration depending on the service adquired
- Remote diagnosis
- Bug coverage
- Resolution of doubts
- In case of using a proxy product for the Cloud option, the service will cover the cost of equipment replacement and configuration in case of failure
- Proactive maintenance of the monitoring system
- Configuration (register, cancel, modification) of new items, as long as they are easy to implement or are common items of products on the market. In case there would be something of great complexity or very specific, it would be budgeted separately
Muutech's maintenance services does not include:
- New funcionalities development or complex customizations not supported by the system.
- Any maintenance of hardware not belonging to Muutech
- Any maintenance of hardware belonging to Muutech after the warranty period of 1 year - Travels: In case of need, travels will be billed separately. Whenever possible, modifications will be made remotely or through a contact person in the client who acts as "remote hands"
- Support for sensors, actuators or equipment is not provided by Muutech. The hours and resources used for the resolution of any breakdown or incident whose cause is a malfunction or configuration of equipment not provided by Muutech will be billed separately
- Alarm notifications via SMS and / or calls: price for notifications and destination to be asked
What is WIFRA?
WIFRA is an acronym for Web Interface For Remote Access.
WIFRA is a platform that allows remote access to all types of equipment (whether IT or industrial) through a web browser, securely and without the need to install plugins or additional client software.
Access can be via console or remote desktop using existing technologies such as SSH, Telnet, VNC or RDP.
The only requirement is that the equipment has web connectivity of any kind.